Arm Lift Brachioplasty
As people grow older or have fluctuations in weight, it is not uncommon for their upper arms to develop a sagging or "bat-wing" appearance from hanging skin. Excess fat in the arms can be very difficult to get rid of with exercise, and excess skin is even harder to eliminate. As medical knowledge and technology advances, a brachioplasty, or an arm lift, has become an increasingly popular treatment for this condition.
Reasons people elect to undergo a brachioplasty include:
- Reduction of sagging skin
- Reshaping of the upper arm
- A combination of skin and fat reduction
During an initial consultation, we will go over all your options and explain every phase of the process to help you decide on the best course of action and establish a set of realistic expectations.
- A brachioplasty can take as little as a few hours to perform and can be administered on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
- A full recovery usually takes between 1-2 weeks, and exercise will speed up recovery.
- An arm lift generally leaves a minimally visible scar along the backside of the arm that fades after 6 months, but people with moderate amounts of loose skin can elect to undergo a minimal incision brachioplasty in which the scar is hidden in the armpit.
Any surgical procedure involves some level of risk, so you want to be sure that your care is entrusted to qualified, experienced medical professionals. At Rayfield Cosmetic Surgery, we specialize in and frequently perform brachioplasties, so you can rest assured that yours will be performed by leading practitioners in the field.
Our commitment is to helping our patients improve the quality of their lives, and we take that pledge very seriously. If you feel this elective procedure may be beneficial to you, please don't hesitate to call; we'll be happy to answer all your questions and help you determine the right treatment and course of action.
For more information or to schedule a free consultation, please contact us today.